Craft hard ciders available at The Old Goat Cidery at the Apple Shed in Newark NY
Check this page for news, updates and schedules, or Contact Us for more details.
New to Old Goat Hard Cidery are Hard Cider Slushies! Flavors change weekly, but you can guarantee each variety is refreshing and delicious on any given warm summer day. Only $4.00 for a 9 oz. cup.
Tasting Room at the Old Goat Cidery:
Our sample flight includes 6 1 oz. tastes of our current hard ciders on tap. Cost is $5.00.
Our current ciders on tap include:
- Old Goat’s Heritage – Made from NYS heirloom apples. A dry cider with a strong apple flavor. Dry 7% ABV
- Ram-berry- Fruity taste with a burst of raspberry. Semi-Sweet 5.5% ABV
- Sweet Nanny- Flavors of apple and blueberry intertwine smoothly with a bubbly and fruity finish. Semi-Dry 5.5% ABV
- Oh Hay! Rose- This rosy hued sparkling cider is blended with NYS grown Noiret and Chancellor grapes. Bringing flavors of tropical fruits, strawberry and pomegranete. Hey, that’s a good Rose! Semi-Dry 6.9% ABV
- Tropic of Capricorn – Hints of Mango and pineapple make this cider refreshing and crisp. It’s like summer in a glass. Semi-Sweet 6.5% ABV
- Fall ‘n Old Goat- Vanilla, brown sugar and a taste of pie spices. It’s like a donut, in a cider. Sweet 7% ABV
All Old Goat ciders are available for purchase. We have a few ciders available only in 750ml bottles for $10.99. The newer varieties on tap are available in our 1 liter Howlers for $11.99 (new) $7.99 (refill) or in a pint glass for on-site consumption for $5.50.
We welcome groups to come for tastings as well as for lunch. If you have a group of 6 or more, please call ahead so we can make sure to be staffed properly. We have indoor and outdoor seating, a gift shop, public restrooms and lots of parking.
About the Old Goat Cidery:
Since 1907, our family has been growing the finest quality fruit and vegetables on the land surrounding The Apple Shed. Third-generation owners, Gary & Barb Wells, opened The Apple Shed in 1973 as a fruit stand and cider mill. Old Goat Cidery, an idea that came about in 2016 and took more than a year to come to fruition, seemed like a natural fit since we already grow apples and make sweet cider. Why Old Goat? We wanted something fun and quirky to represent a great beverage, not to mention we’ve had goats on the farm for a coons’ age and unbeknownst to many, we affectionately refer to our patriarch as the “Old Goat.” Yep, he’s fun and quirky too.