Craft hard ciders available at The Old Goat Cidery at the Apple Shed in Newark NY
Check this page for news, updates and schedules, or Contact Us for more details.
Coming this Fall to Old Goat Hard Cidery at The Apple Shed, Apple Wines. We’ve decided to branch out and try something new this year. We can’t wait for our costumers to try our newest additions to the bar menu. Look for Apple Peach, Apple Cranberry and Apple Cherry wines coming soon. Sample tastings only until bottles are available to purchase.
Tasting Room at the Old Goat Cidery:
Our sample flight includes 6 1 oz. tastes of our current hard ciders on tap. Cost is $5.00.
Our current ciders on tap include:
- Old Goat’s Heritage – Made from NYS heirloom apples. A dry cider with a strong apple flavor. Dry 7% ABV
- Oh Hay! Rose- This rosy hued sparkling cider is blended with NYS grown Noiret and Chancellor grapes. Bringing flavors of tropical fruits, strawberry and pomegranate. Hey, that’s a good Rose! Semi-Dry 6.9% ABV
- Cherry Goatee – It may be pink, but it’s mighty. Light up the night with this crisp and slightly tart flavor cider. Sure to be a favorite among the Goat Hearders. 6.9% ABV
- Tropic of Capricorn -Hints of mango and pineapple make this cider refreshing and crisp. It’s like sitting on a beach in the tropics. Semi-sweet 6.5%ABV
- Berry Old Goat – NYS apples blended with New England cranberries provide the perfect blend of sweet and tart. 7% ABV
- Honeycrisp – This fan favorite apple is now in a sweet but never heavy hard cider. Made from 100% Honeycrisp apples. Now this is what a hard cider tastes like. 6.9% ABV
All Old Goat Hard Ciders are available for purchase. Each variety is available in our 1 liter Howlers for $11.99 (new) $7.99 (refill) or in a pint glass for on-site consumption for $5.50. New for 2019 Growlers! perfect for that summer celebration you need to attend. Each Growler is 64oz. and cost $17.99 filled. Refills are $13.99
Hard Cider Slushies – Flavors change weekly, but you can guarantee each variety is refreshing and delicious on any given summer day. Only $4.00 for a 9oz cup.
We welcome groups to come for tastings as well as for lunch. If you have a group of 6 or more, please call ahead so we can make sure to be staffed properly. We have indoor and outdoor seating, a gift shop, public restrooms and lots of parking.
About the Old Goat Cidery:
Since 1907, our family has been growing the finest quality fruit and vegetables on the land surrounding The Apple Shed. Third-generation owners, Gary & Barb Wells, opened The Apple Shed in 1973 as a fruit stand and cider mill. Old Goat Cidery, an idea that came about in 2016 and took more than a year to come to fruition, seemed like a natural fit since we already grow apples and make sweet cider. Why Old Goat? We wanted something fun and quirky to represent a great beverage, not to mention we’ve had goats on the farm for a coons’ age and unbeknownst to many, we affectionately refer to our patriarch as the “Old Goat.” Yep, he’s fun and quirky too.