Craft hard ciders available at The Old Goat Cidery at the Apple Shed in Newark NY
Check this page for news, updates and schedules, or Contact Us for more details.
Wine Tastings Now Available!
We have expanded our bar menu to now include fruit wines. We have a selection of 5 different wines to please your palette and expand your choices at the Old Goat tasting bar.
Orchard Sunrise – Peach/Apple Wine – Dry 11.5% ABV
A glass of this apple wine with its pleasant taste of ripe peaches, recalls the beauty of the first light over the hills of the orchard. It pairs well with spicy cheese and pecan pie.
Cherry Blossom – Cherry/Apple Wine – Semi-Dry 11%ABV
This blend of NYS apples and tart cherries brings a beautiful color to this crisp wine just like a spring morning in the orchard. Perfect with pork or chocolate desserts.
Country Cranberry – Cranberry Wine – Semi-Sweet 11% ABV
Fresh New England Cranberries with a tart finish. reminds you of a crisp autumn breeze. The perfect wine for your poultry or fish.
Midnight Meadow – Black Currant/Apple Wine – Semi-Sweet 11.4% ABV
A well balanced and intense Black Currant flavor. The perfect wine for an evening under the stars. Pairs well with seafood and tropical fruits.
Orchard Sunset Cranberry/Apple Wine – Sweet with a slightly tart finish – 10.5% ABV
A bright refreshing combination of the cranberries of New England and crisp apples of Western NY. Pairs well with turkey, pork and ethnic dishes.
Wine Flight – 5 tastings $6.00
Glass of Wine – $6.00
Bottle – $13.99
Orchard Sunrise, Cherry Blossom and Orchard Sunset.
Midnight Meadow and Country Cranberry
Glass of Wine, Keep the Glass – $8.99
Souvenir Glass – $5.00
Tasting Room at the Old Goat Cidery:
Our sample flight includes 6 1 oz. tastes of our current hard ciders on tap. Cost is $5.00.
Our current ciders on tap include:
- Old Goat’s Heritage – Made from NYS heirloom apples. A dry cider with a strong apple flavor. Dry 5.5% ABV
- Oh Hay! Rose- This rosy hued sparkling cider is blended with NYS grown Noiret and Chancellor grapes. Bringing flavors of tropical fruits, strawberry and pomegranate. Hey, that’s a good Rose! Semi-Dry 6.7% ABV
- Cherry Goatee – It may be pink, but it’s mighty. Light up the night with this crisp and slightly tart flavor cider. Sure to be a favorite among the Goat Hearders. 6.9% ABV
- Honeycrisp- This fan favorite apple is now a sweet, but never heavy hard cider. Made from 100% Honeycrisp apples. Sweet 6.9% ABV
- Tropic of Capricorn – Hints of Mango an Pineapple make this cider refreshing and crisp.It’s like sitting on a beach in the tropics. Semi -Sweet. 6.5%ABV
- Bearded Old Goat- Back by popular demand, this fan favorite is made with NYS apples and NYS grown hops. A sure pleaser for those IPA beer drinkers. Dry 7.5% ABV
All Old Goat Hard Ciders are available for purchase. Each variety is available in our 64oz Growler $17.99 (new) $13.99 (refill), 1 liter Howlers for $11.99 (new) $7.99 (refill) or in a pint glass for on-site consumption for $5.50.
Hard Cider Slushies – Flavors change weekly, but you can guarantee each variety is refreshing and delicious on any given summer day. Only $4.00 for a 9oz cup.
Groups: Due to Covid 19, we are not accepting groups at this time.
We welcome groups to come for tastings as well as for lunch. If you have a group of 6 or more, please call ahead so we can make sure to be staffed properly. We have indoor and outdoor seating, a gift shop, public restrooms and lots of parking.
About the Old Goat Cidery:
Since 1907, our family has been growing the finest quality fruit and vegetables on the land surrounding The Apple Shed. Third-generation owners, Gary & Barb Wells, opened The Apple Shed in 1973 as a fruit stand and cider mill. Old Goat Cidery, an idea that came about in 2016 and took more than a year to come to fruition, seemed like a natural fit since we already grow apples and make sweet cider. Why Old Goat? We wanted something fun and quirky to represent a great beverage, not to mention we’ve had goats on the farm for a coons’ age and unbeknownst to many, we affectionately refer to our patriarch as the “Old Goat.” Yep, he’s fun and quirky too.