Mid-August each year, we publicize that we’re hiring for the Fall season. It’s exciting to meet new people and welcome them to the team, if even for a season. We’re looking for individuals who are comfortable talking with people; love fresh-from-the-farm food; who perhaps love to cook, bake or can – not because you’ll necessarily do it here, but because of your knowledge; are not afraid to get a little dirty; are detail-oriented; flexible (you’ll do many different jobs); and have the ability to work under pressure (the Fall is a REALLY busy time).
If you are a parent reading this and thinking it’s a perfect opportunity for your child, it is essential that your child take a full and active role in applying for the job. We do not want to see you alone when the application gets dropped off, nor do we want you to call with questions… that is your child’s job when applying for a job. Does your child have terrible handwriting? Let it be his/her job to figure out how to complete the application so that it is legible, do not do it for them! If your child should be hired, please be aware that they will likely need to work 14-16 hours each weekend during September and October, it will slow down to almost nothing after that, though we are open through 12/23.
This year, we’re looking to fill the following positions:
- Weekend Retail Team Member –
- Requires availability on Saturday and Sunday from 9/10 – 10/31, plus weekday availability prior to the start of school for training purposes. If you play a Fall sport and you will need more than one Saturday off during the season, this is not a position for you, please think about your full schedule, including sectionals, before applying. You must be available to work Columbus Day weekend.
- This position is open to individuals at least 14 years old. If you are not of driving age, please make sure your parents are OK with you having a job, as they’ll need to bring you back and forth to work.
- Weekday Retail Team Member –
- Both full-time and part-time seasonal help is needed for The Apple Shed.
- Requires availability 12-40 hours per week during business hours 8am-6pm.
- Open to individuals at least 14 years old. If you are not of driving age, please make sure you’re parents are OK with you having a job, as they’ll need to bring you back and forth to work.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds & stand for long periods
- Must be comfortable working with computers (cash registers).
- Team member to be cross-trained to work in The Apple Shed as well as fill in as a lunch cook in the kitchen as needed.
- Must have Saturday and Sunday availability.
- Must have prior experience, or training.
Application deadline is Sunday, August 14. Interviews will be conducted that following week with orientation and training the last two weeks of August. If you are interested in applying, please visit our website for an application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Apple Shed offers a fast-paced and fun work environment. Pay is dependent upon experience, youth start at $9.00/hour. Employees receive paid training, free uniform shirts & hats, discounted meals and an employee discount – 20% off on most items!
Thank you for your interest in working at The Apple Shed, we look forward to meeting you!