Shipping/Receiving Team Member
The shipping side of our business is growing rapidly due to online sales; we are looking to add someone to our team to support this growth as well as manage inbound shipments. This team member will be responsible for receiving new merchandise to be sold in-store and online and will be preparing orders placed either in store or via www.theappleshed.com for shipment.
Hours: Part-time – Seasonal; April – December, 5-30 hours/week; flexible hours April – September. Monday & Tuesday required September – December.
Wage: Will depend on experience.
Benefits: 20% store discount on most merchandise, 30% discount on lunch; disability insurance
- Using Quickbooks POS
- Enter purchase orders for orders placed
- Enter receiving vouchers for orders received
- Catalog new items using standard nomenclature
- Track inventory of existing items
- Contact vendors when damage has occurred during shipment or if there are +/- discrepancies with orders received.
- Using Word Press
- Post new products for sale on The Apple Shed website
- Update descriptions and photos of existing products.
- Using WooCommerce
- Identify new web orders
- Track the status of web orders
- Prepare orders for shipment to include sorting, polishing and packing apples.
- Prepare labels for shipment via either UPS.com or USPS.com.
- Appropriately file orders after shipment.
- Ensure adequate supply of shipping materials is on hand.
- Assist with other tasks as needed including, but not limited to:
- Customer service
- Office/data entry tasks
- Weekly produce subscription prep
The ideal candidate will have a strong customer-focus, a willingness to learn, and the ability to work in a team environment. Candidate must have 1-3 years’ experience in a retail or mail-order environment; a strong aptitude for technology; attention to detail; excellent grammar, punctuation and writing skills.